The Youth Partnership for Health (YPH) youth advisory council is excited to announce openings for 2012-2013!
YPH is seeking young people ages 13-19, with diverse life and/or geographic experiences, to participate as consultants on a statewide advisory council. This council is open for ANYONE and EVERYONE to apply. If you answer yes to any of these then this council is for you!
* Are you interested in standing up for the health and well-being of ALL young people in Colorado?
* Do you want to learn how to effectively get your voice heard?
* Are you a teen parent?
* Do you live far away from Denver?
* Have you had experiences with substance use, diversion or detention?
* Have you lived in group homes or foster care?
* Do you have any special health concerns?
* Do you identify as LGBT?
* Have you and/or your peers ever experienced oppression or marginalization?
This council was started in 2000 and continues to be supported by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Youth consultants on this council, provide feedback and recommendations to state, and community partners who are working to positively impacting the lives of Colorado's youth. (i.e. YOU!)
Participation in this council will provide opportunities for you to develop leadership skills, increase your knowledge of various health topics and engage in meaningful ways to have your unique voices heard.
* YOU GET TO BE THE EXPERT!
* A place where your opinions and ideas are listened to
* Consultants are paid $10/hour + reimbursement for transportation to meetings
* The council meets one Saturday per month for 5 hours (most likely in Denver)
* Provides opportunities to meet other youth from around the state
* Offers creative ways to learn about youth health and the factors that can effect it
If interested, or if you know other young people whose voices need to be heard, please fill out the application (There is only ONE question and you get to answer it in any CREATIVE way you see fit!) and send it in.
Ms. Burnell has a copy of the application and other relevant information.