Sunday, April 6, 2014

Resilience Poetry

I really enjoyed making these poems for the ones that I love. I find that every person I know has, at some time, endured something difficult. Not only have they “endured”, they’ve risen above and found strength. These poems are my tribute to them.

MY SISTER IS FIRE
A trembling in the hands
A body rebelling against itself
Cannot hide the fire within
Warrior woman
Fighting pain with every breath
Her existence is determination
Her essence is strength
With a bright light
She endures all
With a bright light
She climbs
My sister is not the earth
Though she is solid and strong
My sister is not the sky
Though her soul shines brightly
My sister is not the wind
Though her truth speaks to all
My sister is fire
An endless flame that warms the heart
A note to the spirit that life resides here
A light in the darkness
Strength in the face of difficulty
My sister is fire


HAIKU POEMS

CLIMB
Climb the mountain high
All has not abandoned you
The peak has beauty

Open
Just a little one
She overcomes the past
Future is open

ALL
We all have the strength
To endure life’s big lessons
Courage in our bones

GROWTH
Growth’s simple beauty
Bursting through layers of soil
Meeting the sun’s rays

JACKIE ROBINSON

Cruel and angry
Words and actions of many
Cannot stop his swing

HOW TO WRITE A HAIKU POEM:
A Haiku poem consists of 17 syllables. There are five syllables in the first line, seven in the second line, and five in the third and last line.

No comments:

Post a Comment